The American adolescent figure skating craze that is creating history


American teenager Ilia Malinin performed the second ever quadruple axel in competition without a single wobble
At Skate America, the 17-year-historic old's free skate earned him the gold medal in his senior Grand Prix debut, making him the event's youngest men's champion in history.

Last month, Malinin became the first person in competitive history to accomplish a quadruple axel during the US International Figure Skating Classic, a lower-level tournament.
But he was still undecided about including figure skating's most difficult maneuver into his free skate performance at Skate America.

"I wasn't sure if I was going to try it or not this morning," Malinin later told NBC. "But I guess it dawned on me that everyone was watching, so I had to go for it, and I landed it." I'm still stunned.

"The entire building was shouting for at least a few of seconds after that; I couldn't tell if the music was still playing."

Even some of the sport's most renowned professionals have been unable to land a quadruple axel due to the four-and-a-half revolutions required in the air to transition from a forward-facing take off to a backward-facing landing. The leap had been set at a triple for 44 years.

Yuzuru Hanyu, a double Olympic champion, stated prior to the 2022 Beijing Olympics that landing a quadruple axel was his main objective, but when he attempted it during the Games, he slightly under-rotated and fell.

Meanwhile, Nathan Chen, the reigning Olympic champion, has nailed every other sort of quadruple leap save the axel.

As a result, when Malinin, the junior world champion, nailed a leap that had evaded so many others before him, it was a watershed moment in figure skating history.

"I was stunned; I had no idea I had just done that!"

" He continued. "I'm proud of myself for being able to pull that off." I'm still at a loss for words. I'm not sure what to say about it. I had no idea what I was capable of.

skate america 2022, ilia malinin, figure skating, skate america 2022 results skate america skate america 2022 schedule isabeau levito gracie gold skate america results 2022 skate america skate america schedule us figure skating isu skate america 2022 deanna stellato malinin kaori  akamoto donovan carrillo ilia malinin skate america 2022 quad axel quadruple axel ilia malinin quad axel alexa knierim 2022 skate america results malinin quad axel gracie gold skate america 2022

#IceSkating #YuzuruHanyu #IliaMalinin

SOURCE: cnn

What do you think of this blog? Write down at the COMMENT section below.

No comments: