Why Alicia Silverstone quits because of Body Shaming

Alicia Silverstone's stunning TikTok video about how body shaming made her want to quit acting

Alicia Silverstone's stunning TikTok video about how body shaming made her want to quit acting

Alicia Silverstone has responded to a TikTok video in which she calls out those who body shamed her after the release of her 1997 film, Batman & Robin. TikTok user @foreversymone made a video demanding "Justice for Batgirl" and dug deep into a particularly heinous article written about Alicia at the time of the film's release.

One especially scathing statement focuses on the Clueless star's weight, referring to her as "Babe the Pig" and dubbed her "Fatgirl." In the clip's duet, Alicia can be seen reacting by nodding along in agreement as Forever Symone talks down all of the horrible body shaming directed at her.
Alicia Silverstone's stunning TikTok video about how body shaming made her want to quit acting
"Y'all have her f*cked up," the TikTok user says, displaying a snapshot of the story. "The headline literally says 'A Weighty Issue,' and in this story she is compared to Babe the Pig, all because she has a full-figured face. They were fixated on her weight... She only did one thing: she breathed!"

In response, Alicia can be heard shouting "Excuse me?!", "Yes!", and "I love you!" proving how accurate Forever Symone's views are.

Symone continues, "Forever Symone." "As a large woman who grew up fascinated with Clueless, who grew up infatuated with this movie that is pure kitsch, it just irritates me... She couldn't have weighed more than 130 pounds, and they were continually bashing on her for it."

She then concludes her eloquent video by demanding that certain US publications apologize to Alicia for their earlier hurtful statements.

In a previous interview, Alicia discussed the influence that media commentary like this had on her as a young girl, and how it led her to consciously choose to leave Hollywood.

"It was really pretty excessive how I was being talked to and talked about," she told The Guardian last year. "I guess I was just put off by it."
Alicia Silverstone's stunning TikTok video about how body shaming made her want to quit acting
"They used to make fun of my figure when I was younger," Alicia added. It was upsetting, but I knew they were incorrect. I wasn't perplexed. I knew it wasn't right to make fun of someone's body shape; it doesn't seem like the correct thing to do to another human being.

"I didn't scream "fuck you!" like a warrior, but I would simply walk away and say, "OK, I know what it is and I'm done, I'm not going near that again." For a long time, I had lost interest in performing."

It's fantastic that Alicia is now speaking up. Let's hope no other actor has to go through something similar in the future.

#SarcasticGamer #SarcasticReview


What do you think of this blog? Write down at the COMMENT section below.

No comments: